Thursday, 31 August 2017

MOD Childcare Vouchers

Childcare vouchers are a government initiative designed to help working parents pay for childcare. You can convert part of your salary into vouchers before your usual tax and NI contributions are taken. This means that you only have to pay the tax and NI on what’s left, saving you up to £933 per year.

What’s even better is that both parents can take advantage of the scheme, so you could make a joint saving of up to £1,866 per family!
Full details on

The link below contains useful leaflets and forms for parents, carers and childminders who wish to join the scheme

What is the HM Forces Railcard?

The HM Forces Railcard costs £19 and it'll save you 1/3 on most rail fares throughout Great Britain for a whole year. That works out to under £2 a month for huge savings. 
You're eligible if you're a member of the Regular Forces or Volunteer Reserves or a spouse/civil partner of a member, for more details see HERE

LifeWorks Families: Free support service to help military spouses and partners get the job they want


It is available to all spouses and partners of any serving (or recently discharged) member of the Armed Forces, including Reserves.

LifeWorks Families will help you:




Develop key skills and tools, including: job searching, C.V. writing, interview skills, application forms.

You don't have to come on a course to get support from us. If you're a spouse or partner of someone currently serving in the British Armed Forces and are looking for work, you can call us to get free employment support over the phone or online. Find out more.....

Reading Force For Service Families

Further information is available here

Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Tank Museum - Job Vacancies

For latest job vacancies at the Tank Museum go to

Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Stepping Stones - Short Term Accommodation For Females (Service Personnel & Spouses)

SSAFAs Stepping Stone Homes based in both the North East and the South of England provide short-term supported accommodation, help and advice to female service or ex-serving personnel, the female spouses or partners of serving or ex-serving personnel, and their dependent children.

Support is also provided to women without children or whose children may be living elsewhere temporarily, those seeking accommodation due to welfare needs, and Foreign & Commonwealth cases. The above list is not exhaustive. Each case will be considered individually.

Our homes provide a comfortable, secure and female-only place to stay for as long as it takes the resident to get back on their feet. From our clean and well-maintained communal spaces to private areas for each resident to make their own, we make our houses like home for however long the resident is with us.

The schemes are also registered with local authorities as refuges for those fleeing domestic abuse and, as such, their locations are not to be disclosed to the public.

Referrals can be made via the email addresses below:

North - Longside House :
South - Gildea House:
Head of Housing: Amanda Deakin on

MOD Emergency At Home Contact - JCCC

Management of British armed forces casualties and compassionate cases 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Does your family know who to contact in the Military if you are faced with an emergency at home?

Two new JCCC briefing films are also available to watch, download and follow key messages.

Little Troopers - Deployment Support For Forces Families

Little Troopers is a registered charity supporting all children with parents serving in the British Armed Forces, regular or reserve. They provide fundamental resources, initiatives and events to ease and aid repeated separation periods aiming to keep parent and child connected and bonded even when miles apart

If you are a British Armed Forces Family register HERE :

If you need to access Little Troopers at School see HERE

Monday, 21 August 2017

Dorset School Transport - Travel Passes, Routes & Timetables

Routes and timetables
In previous years, we specified the boarding location for school transport services but students can now board and alight the service at a stop best suited for them. The pass will only be valid for the designated route and will not be able to be used on alternative services without authorisation from the School Transport team.
If you have moved since you first applied for a school place you must notify us.
Click on link below for information on School route timetables. 
Routes and timetables
Lost passes
If a bus pass is lost during the academic year you must obtain a temporary pass from your school office in order to continue using school transport until a replacement pass can be issued.

Civvy Street Magazine On Line - Military Life To Civvy Life


Friday, 11 August 2017

SPACES - Single Persons Accommodation For The Ex Services

Contacting Carillionamey - Phoning From A Mobile Or Abroad

Calls to the Carillion Amey Helpdesk 0800 707 6000 number from a mobile will incur a cost.  Please use the direct line number provided below.  

This goes to the same option number so is no different to the 0800 one, but will be included in talk time plans, or may cost less when calling from abroad.

The number is 0151 728 1630

Forces Personnel - Enhanced Learning Credits

The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) promotes lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces. 

The scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. You are reminded that ELC funding is only available for pursuit of higher level learning i.e. for courses that result in a nationally recognised qualification at Level three or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) (England, Northern Ireland and Wales), a Level six or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) or, if pursued overseas, an approved international equivalent qualification with an approved learning provider.

HIVE Information Service - Who Do We Support?

Your nearest HIVE:
Bovington  01929 403185
Blandford (Outreach HIVE) 01258 482537
Email enquiries to

For locations of other HIVEs go to

Friday, 4 August 2017

SFA - Licence to Occupy Insurance

If you occupy Service Family Accommodation be it either SFA or SSFA you will have signed an agreement when you moved into the property called a Service Licence to Occupy Service Family Accommodation (known as a Licence to Occupy). Due to this, you are not classed as a tenant.  The Services Insurance and Investment Panel (siiap) have a web page that details a number of insurance providers who can organise policies that have been designed specifically for SFA Occupants.  The webpage can be found at:

Service Family Accommodation - House Contents Insurance

See page 10 of the Housing Matters magazine: Click HERE

British Forces News - New App

Little Troopers Treasures - New App Available to Download

Brand new app for British Armed Forces families - Now available on Android tablet & iPad!
Little Troopers Treasures is free to download and use for all British Armed Forces families, helping you stay connected even when separated by miles. No military parent needs to ever miss bedtime stories again!
Supported by Harper Collins Children's Books there are six book titles you can access now with more coming in October

Record your face, your voice and the book pages, once you are done wrap up with love and your Little Trooper can watch and listen over and over again. You can also record memories in the memory box

You can access anywhere, you just need WiFi.

There are supporting resources that are free to download and print to use with the app including separation diaries for parent & child and activity sheets such as a weekly plannerBBC news recently covered our Little Trooper Treasures app, hear from a Royal Navy family how it made a difference to them HERE

For further information on the app CLICK HERE

Thursday, 3 August 2017

Dorset Reclaim - Household Items 'Don't Dump It, Donate It'

Deployment Activity Books For Children


The Adventures of Harvey & Bob and Hello from home are two publications based on deployment activities for children. 

If your spouse/partner is away on deployment and you have children, pop in to the HIVE and pick up a FREE copy.

Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Service Personnel & Families - Are You Due To Move Soon?

If you are due to be posted shortly and have received your assignment (posting) order, Bovington HIVE can provide you with information on your new location or if have any relocation enquires please call in to the HIVE or contact 01929 403185.