Friday, 28 April 2017

TV Licence - Armed Forces

For further information

Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Monday, 24 April 2017

Bovington Garrison Welfare/Contact Houses - Short Term Accommodation Use

Blandford Camp - Welfare/Contact House Short Term Use Accommodation

The contact house for Blandford Camp is located in Service Families accommodation at 22 College Road.

This welfare accommodation is available throughout the year for single days, weekends and full weeks.  The maximum duration of stay is two weeks.  Please Note: **Bookings can only be taken 1 month in advance from 0830 hrs.

Priority is given to soldiers who have visitation/access rights with their children from a prior relationship.  Periods around half-term and school holidays, will, whenever possible be set aside for this purpose.  

The cost per night is £40

The accommodation is available for all soldiers to rent for visiting relatives. These are defined as parents, grandparents and brothers/sister of the soldier or his/her spouse (this does not include partners or girl/boyfriends).  

If during a stay in the contact house, a welfare case should arise then the inhabitants will be asked to vacate the quarter.

For further details or to book please contact:

Army Welfare Service Office - Williams Building
01258 482450 Mil: 94371 2450

Service Leavers and Home Owners - Understanding Council Tax

While you are living in Service Families Accommodation you are exempt from paying Council Tax but instead you pay CILOCT (Contribution In Lieu Of Council Tax) which is shown on your pay statement.

When you move out of SFA and into your own home or rented property you will need to register with the local council to pay the correct rate of council tax for that property.

When you enter your postcode online you can find out what Council tax band your house is in and how much your local council charges for that band.

The valuation bands for your home in England and Scotland are based on the price a property would have achieved if it had been sold on the open market on 1 April 1991. In Wales assessments are based on the value of property on 1 April 2003.

A Council Tax bill tells you:

How much you have to pay for the year

How that amount has been worked out

The dates you have to pay

Find out more on

Friday, 21 April 2017

Are Your Dependent Children Registered on JPA?

Declaring dependent Service children on JPA can enable appropriate allowances to be obtained, enable paternity and adoption leave requests and can have an influence on allocation of Service housing and potential assignments.

To complete the registration process, the military member of the family should provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate to their unit HR who will complete the JPA process.

For more information, contact

Army Welfare Service Support To Serving Soldiers & Their Families


The Army Welfare Service (AWS) Personal Support Team is the Army’s professional welfare provider offering a comprehensive, confidential and specialised service.
AWS is the secondary level of welfare support available to serving soldiers and their families when difficulties cannot be dealt with, or must not be dealt with, within the Unit. Trained Army Welfare Workers offer support, advice and guidance to those who are experiencing personal or family difficulties. This covers a wide range of situations including :-

  • Difficulties arising from personal relationships
  • Separation
  • Inability to cope – stress / crisis
  • Loss and bereavement
  • Social issues arising from mental and physical ill health
  • Problems arising from deployment
  • Supporting families who are working with statutory agencies

Referrals and enquiries can be made by telephoning 01904 882053 or e-mail

An Army Welfare Service office is based within Blandford Camp, which covers Blandford, Westmoors, Bovington & Lulworth areas. 

Sign Up Now - Bournemouth Marathon Festival - 7 & 8 Oct

Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Friday, 7 April 2017

Thursday, 6 April 2017

Moving To Scotland? - Education Guide For Children & Young People

Education in Scotland – An Introductory Guide has been produced with the full backing of the Scottish Government, and provides personnel either in Scotland or moving to Scotland with a comprehensive guide to all phases of education, with handy information and advice. 

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

BRITISH Forces Post Office (BFPO) - APP

Find out more about BFPO this link: Click Here <<<

Tuesday, 4 April 2017